Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Still having issues with '04 hill hold brake!!

So I was assured by someone here that I can adjust the hill hold brake on my forester despite the fact that my dealer told me I can't. I then asked someone at drivesubaru.com (the website for drive magazine) and they too said that the hill hold can not be adjusted. Has anyone actually had this adjustment done? Or do you know a dealer that has done this adjustment? What's the deal? -Thanks

erm

I took my 2003 Forester off the showroom floor.. literally. The hill hold cable was adequately adjusted. Due to the fun clutch shuddering that took my fine automobile back into the shop, the dealership OVERtightened the stinky hill hold cable so that even when I was on level ground and had not pushed the clutch in all the way, it would stick. (Which was RATHTER annoying.) Next time I took my car in for an oil change (and I can't remember if it was a local shop or if it was the dealership) I mentioned it to them and they fixed it. I can't imagine why there are troubles adjusting the hill hold on the 04 and not the 03???

Its just a simple little nut, is it not?