Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So i am prepping parts for my spfi swap and most of the links on here regarding the swap are broken or dead or lead somewhere else. I need to know the proper orientation of the gear from my ea81 disty on my spfi disty shaft, ive read about people consistently ending up "1/2 tooth off" and i would like to avoud that if possible. Should the new hole be in line with the original or perpendicular, anythin.. thanks

Ok thank you, looks like itll be trial and error, was hoping for some different experiences with different placementS, prolly gonna tanke it amd tack weld it in a few different spots and see what works best for me, will report back whem done

In my head, the easiest way to determine where you need to drill is going to be to get both distributors in hand. Line both up with the posts for #1 and look at the location of the gears. I haven't done one of these in about 15 years, but it seems like that's what I did.