Ultimate Subaru Message Board

86 GL-10 Turbo line leak?

I'm looking at buying an 86 gl-10.183,xxx miles, everything works, but its leaking green fluid from around the middle of the engine bay underneath the vehicle. The guy said he took it to a mechanic because he felt a little loss in power, and they said it was a turbo line. Would this be something I could fix myself if I got the vehicle? How difficult would it be to do? Thanks in advance

don't be fooled that a coolant loss being fixed is the reason for the loss of power and that if you buy it, fix coolant loss any power loss will be returned.

John, I am curious of this cracked turbo suggestion. Have you had/got a cracked VF2 ? I suspect I have one, fixed by a miracle block in cooling system stopped exhaust steam :( i did new HG and service heads when steam began, kept steaming after and oddly it all began the day after I used a cooling system cleaner. The turbo cast iron section has a white "tide" mark like lime seeping from wet cement or brick work - lime ?

After near thirty years the coolant banjo bolts that screw into turbo rot rather nasty. Really needs /worthy of a strip and inspect which is likely what seller has been told !

Edited by jono