Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newer Subaru Model Suspension into a '91 Loyale

nicmwenda

Hello good people,

I have a stock Ea71 Leone that I plan to lift and upgrade to an EJ but before I start pouring my cash into this project I would like to know wether I can be assured that this car might make it through the next ten or so years. 

I am in Nairobi, Kenya, (Africa lol) and getting Leone spares is very hard, most Loyales on the road are struggling to even idle let alone make it from point a to b.

Thus my question is, (assuming I am willing to modify anything and everything) can the suspension(i.e axles, cv, hubs e.tc) be swapped with newer model subarus? and which ones are easier to work with?

post-63247-0-31233300-1465540207_thumb.jpeg

This question has been asked dozens, if not hundreds of times. To my knowledge, it was only done once (A brat in england), and as I recall, he regretted doing it...

For the rear, the only part that would be bolt-on is the driveshaft-to-differential flange. All the suspension mounts, crossmember, strut mounts, everything would have to be fabricated. It's been done, but it's a huge amount of precision fabrication.

You can use some front components with some XT6 parts for a 5-lug swap. 

• Like 2