Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82 project

hello im building a buggy out of a subaru gl wagon 5spd thats besides the point i need to know if any body knows how to start the motor on the stand i already seperated the harness into all the lighting and misc b.s. and the necessities that plug into the engine.what wires need  power and what wires need to be grounded. im pretty much looking make a standalone harness without using a vipec or aem. also if anybody has a wiring diagram that is actually readable and not fuzzy thatd be awesome.  there was only 3 wires that the 2 halves share 2 blue one with red and one with white stripe and one red these need to be powered?  what does this box do is just a big gronding brick because alot of the wires that come fromm the ignition go to it specificaly the white ones and it splices in a lot of places and goes to other connectors.

just food for thought... hopefully

post-63347-0-11027700-1466559027_thumb.jpeg

The thing in the picture is the fuse able link box.  All of the high amp circuits go through it. 

You would be best served to find a factory service manual for the full schematic and all the section pieces with details.  There may be a link around for an online one, or ebay.

It would help to know if the engine is SPFI or carb, and year.

As you might see on the video above, it is easier on Carbureted engines; EFi counterparts will need the ECU and Wiring... you could consider the idea to convert your TBi EA82 to Carburetor in order to simplify your Buggy build; basically talking, you'll need a carbureted intake manifold, plus its carb; but the Distributor might require a swap as well.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
  • Like 1

you need to connect everything engine electrical related.  Except don't really need the alternator.  When I did it, I had a spare transmission, so I could mount the starter also.  Ran water from the garden hose through the cooling system instead of a radiator.

im not converting to carburated yea its simple but im not riding smooth dunes hit a big enough bump flood out the carb and crank for days plus i have a sweet little turbo off of a cx7 ill put on it once i get it going and carb witha turbo does not mix without alot of tuning. does a haynes manual have good wiring diagrams? how about all data or identafix ?