Ultimate Subaru Message Board

poison loyale rediculous v8 swap

ferp420

so i have a realy nice loyale just laying around it has the original motor out of my daily driver in it and my daily spun a bearing so im pulling the motor back out so its gona be sitting with out a mtor for a long time as i was reading a thred about swaping a 6 in to a brat hell why not a v8 in a loyale i have a tiny 260 v8 and tranny i could toss in there i would never drive it on the street or even try to register it maybe a show car or drag car or something stupid like that i think it would be a fun project lol maybe after i fix my daily and the outback/baja project and after i finish restoring our outback sport and finnish the diesel swap then i might be able to start on this lol maybe lol the only real fab would be motor and tranny mounts as it would be more four fun and to look at that expecting to drive it or stop it this would be so much fun but i have alot of car projects and my house to rebuild aahh i hate being sick

Ford V8 ? Just because it is small by V8 standards, doesn't make it lighter or smaller externally than the rest of that family. Weight alone will be almost 500 lbs, which is 3x that of an EA81 (don't know the weight of an EA82, but I'd guess add another 20 lbs).

I'd look at a Rover 3500 V8 or even the GM V6, both alloy and a lot lighter than the cast-iron V8 option.

I think a late 80's early 90's Cadillac V8 with an S10 5 speed would be a light setup. The engine is aluminum block and the S10 trans would let you use a tranfercase for 4x4 with a solid axle front end. 

I used this engine to replace the four banger in my Pontiac and it only weighs about 40 lbs more than the original 4.

considering it would never be driven on the street wait isent a issue and the ford 260 v8 is smaller than the gm v6 and lighter and i have one just sitting it would be cool to have it sitting in the engine bay of a loyale insted of on the ground i can picture a supercharger sticking up over the roof of the loyale lol then hitting the gas and watching the whole body twist that would have to be one of the coolest driveway ornamints around even if it isent hooked up

ok ive got a outhere idea mount the engine so the.entire intake and valve covers are sticking out the hood and use some kind if gear or belt to drive the trans just so it moves on its own and rig up some kind of fake blower asembaly stick some pipes out the hood damb it would be a work. of art probly wouldent move but would look cool

since im geting real far out there drag the 300zx out mount some 40s on the rear and set up a drag racing scene i wounder how long my neghbor uncle same would let me have a full scale drag racing scene set up on there land lol