Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

lookin at a 1982 gl wagon what should i look for

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sethpistol1

sethpistol1

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Spokane

Posted 07 June 2004 - 08:22 PM

i am trying to figure out what to look for in a 1982 gl wagon if you can help thanks. i got one no rust at all

#2 GoldDiggerRoo

GoldDiggerRoo

Pizza anyone?

• Members
  • 565 posts
  • Roanoke, VA

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:17 PM

Things to look for:

#1- Make sure it runs.

Avoid:

#1- Rust

Personal experience there. :banghead:

#3 edrach

edrach

Charter member OFRT

• Members
  • 12,324 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 07 June 2004 - 11:22 PM

A place where rust is rampant but not normally noticeable is under the rear quarter panel where the exhaust pipe exits--look under the car and up--exhaust gases can really do a job here. Next look under the floor mats. Check the axles for torn boots or a loud clicking noise during slow full lock turns (in both directions). If a manual gearbox check all gears (and reverse) and find a dirt field where you can check out the 4WD functions. Find baccaruda (search the members section) and see if he'll advise you; he's been around a while and knows the cars pretty well. If you have a repair shop you trust spend $100 for a "used car check" before you buy; a good investment if you plan to keep the car for a while or it'll be your daily driver. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users