Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cruise quit working? Quick fix for a common cause

So you have a manual trans Subaru, (or any other MT car for this matter) and your cruise control stopped working one day.

And you found this funny white plastic wafer sitting on the floor? (Sometimes its blue) It's what the pedal position switch for the cruise pushes against when the pedal is up. Not something most people keep around, and you pretty much have to go to a dealer to get another one.

Not quite. Reach in your goodie bin and find one of these "christmas tree" push-in trim clips. Pretty much anybody with some extra car parts laying around probably has one of these. If you don't have any, scavenge around in your trunk, bet youll find one holding the side trim on!

Pop that bad boy into the hole in the pedal bracket, and enjoy your cruise again!

IMG_9285.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

I've done this a few times on my car and customers cars and these seem to hold up well enough. And if you have a handful of old ones around you can't beat the price!

Edited by Fairtax4me
  • Like 3