Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT Turbo / XT6 Spring Rates?

Hey guys

I'm trying to gather information on all the stock spring, shock and sway bar combos. Buy now most of us have seem the posted chart (see pic), but its missing the data for the XTT & XT6. So if any body has the info for both front and rear: (I think the XT FSM would have it)

spring rate

damping force

sway bar size

I’m hoping to create a dual sport setup for my RX, lower and stiffer for street/autoX, with height adjustment for snow/rallyX. The plan as of right now is RX struts with 4wd wagon springs in the rear and XT6 springs up front (provided they are a similar increase in stiffness), both springs will most likely be cut down and adjustable spacers/top mounts added. I believe the XTT has a 20mm front sway bar, which would be good as long as there is a suitable upgrade for the rear to keep the balance.

Gary

sus.jpg

Subyluvr you are the man!

So now the math... that makes the XT6 fronts 11% stiffer than the RX and the 4WD wagon rears are 10% stiffer. And since the wagon rears are a bit longer than the RX and the XT6 are shorter I will have to cut more off the rears to get the ride height correct and that will stiffen up the rears a bit more... looks like a GREAT match to me. :D

Any info on the XTT/XT6 sway bars?

Whoops, forgot swaybar sizes... 88 XT FSM again:

XT front bar: 19mm

XT6 front bar: 20mm

XT/XT6 rear bar: 16mm

It just says 1800 or 2700, nothing about turbo/nonturbo.

I also need to add that all information I gathered, my previous post included, were for FWD models. It is my observation that (at least for 88) all 4WD models got the air ride. So in that case...

4WD XT front bar: 19mm

4WD XT6 front bar: 20mm

4WD XT/XT6 rear bar: 20mm

I think so baccaruda, but in my case its the drop I'm looking for, at least for street. The only thing to watch for if you install the shorter springs on longer struts is coil bind at full trounce. But if you thinking of using the shorter struts as well, all you really loose is travel. Watch your caster and camber angles when you design your spacers as they make a big differance on handleing.

Gary