Ultimate Subaru Message Board

In desperate need of an EA82

I have an 89 Gl wagon that i purchased quite a few months ago to build into an off-road toy. Probably payed a little to much for the car although its not in terrible shape. Long story short i lifted the wagon even did wheels and tires. I was aware the motor was tired when I bought the car as it used coolant a few trips around town proved the problem to be worse than i thought. The car sat for a while and just a few weeks ago I pulled the motor. I sourced a low mileage unit via craigslist but i guess the seller didn't really want to ship it even though he said he would as he stopped contacting me. I figured this was the next best option. I'm looking for a healthy unit lower miles if possible willing to pay shipping or can pickup if your close I'm in KY. :)  :)  :)  :)

Look at the post about the 86 sedan that's being parted out comma the motor in that still runs the timing belts are broken you'd want to go through it but it only has 86000 miles the guy drove it to where it sits and went to work on it and the timing belt broke

I'm leaving for China in a few weeks and just had my 84 GL loose a tire while driving. Sheering off the ball joint at the bottom and welding the the two parts together making it drivable for the time. An easy fix but with me leaving the country it is something I don't have time for. The body is in good condition and engine only has 136k miles. I'll post a thread soon. I live in Louisiana.