Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Interchangeability rear differential 03 LL Bean H6

Subaru rear differential failure is very rare?

Need to match the findal drive ratio - H6 rear differential is a 4.11 final drive.

Any 01-04 H6 rear differential for sure. Maybe later - not sure what changed 2005+

You can search opposed forces and see if those year cross reference to later year rear diffs too.

Others have 4.11 too - something along the lines of - EJ22 AT's and EJ25 MT's.

www.car-part.com

if you want to get another LSD unit, that complicates things, weren't really available in the 90's. You could swap your LSD chunk over or just not worry about it since most of them fail over time/miles to open differentials anyway.

Edited by grossgary
  • Like 1

Subaru rear differential failure is very rare?

Need to match the findal drive ratio - H6 rear differential is a 4.11 final drive.

Any 01-04 H6 rear differential for sure. Maybe later - not sure what changed 2005+

You can search opposed forces and see if those year cross reference to later year rear diffs too.

Others have 4.11 too - something along the lines of - EJ22 AT's and EJ25 MT's.

www.car-part.com

if you want to get another LSD unit, that complicates things, weren't really available in the 90's. You could swap your LSD chunk over or just not worry about it since most of them fail over time/miles to open differentials anyway.

Might have been submerged, rear diff body very rust caked, whole top layer of metal rusted thick. I was chipping it off with a chisel. Maybe even just a rear axel is bad... I'm going to get some cheaper wired chassis ears and do a video, keep me posted..

does it have a trailer hitch? maybe it was used with a boat/trailer.

or it sat for awhile - if it's got salt and sits - it'll rust quick. if it's sitting over grass - that holds moisture to it for extended periods and rusts quickly.

Yep, big old rusted trailer hitch, but the ball in the trunk looks like it was never touched. The car shows signs of sitting under s tree for some time for sure..

I'm going to try cnydave's idea of putting in the fwd fuse.. Which amperage do I use?