Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Heated windshield - 98 lob limited

Child units lob has a nasty crack in the windshield. Oem lists this car as having come with a heated windshield option.

I don't see any wires in the glass or wiring for connecting too.

Is this marketing speak for "turn defroster on"?

Did subi offer a heated windshield?

I don't know that they had the whole thing heated, but some may have had defroster lines where the wipers park. 

But even if it's heated that doesn't mean you have to replace it with the same. You could likely install a plain windshield without the heat option and save some money. 

Yea, heated option is just coils under the wipers. If you have a heated windshield I think the button is by the parking brake. You should have two heated seat switches and either two coin trays, or one coin tray and a heated windshield switch.

If you don't have heated seats, you don't have heated windshield, either. 

The wires are up under the dash, you can't see them unless the windshield is out (or you remove the dash...)

If you don't wanna pay the extra money for a heated one (waste of money) just get a normal windshield.

yes, some have heated windshields. 

if it's been replaced before, they could have installed a non-heated windshield in it's place because they're chaeper and presumably less prone to crack on certain years/models (though i don't think late 90's had cracking issues?)