Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Parts and part numbers

Hey guys, recently I've been looking at parts online and most are easy enough to find but some mention things I dont know about, for example today I was looking at tie rods and it says that it fits "manual rack: Except Variable Ratio; w/ 4 Turns Lock to Lock"

what does this mean?

I was thinking it would be easier to have a resource for all the parts with their numbers for my year ea82, does such a thing exist? Alternatively is there an easier way to go about looking for parts pertaining to my exact year?

Thanks for any and all help

Hello Letters909,

I read this as.. Not power steering, manual, and '4 turns lock to lock' is as measured at the steering wheel from most extreme left to the most extreme right 4 full turns. you can get most of your part numbers from the EA82 body / EA82 engine, sedan or wagon.  Let the part stores help you.  Even if you have such an exact list it wouldn't cover different vendors alternate part numbers. Having such a list is not a utopia.  Your 'exact year' is a range of years from Subaru. There are different trim lines DL, GL and Loyale from 1985 to 1994 but generally it's the same car.  if you put your year and model in your signature we would know exactly the context in which you're asking.

Thanks Jeff, I'll put that in my signature.

I read my post and realized that I didn't explain my first question nearly well enough. I actually didn't even ask it, how do I know if my cars has a variable ration or fixed ratio steering rack in it presently. Everything else I understood.