Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Has anyone else had this happen tonthem or seen another subaru ej25 do this?

i have an ej22 from a 1990 legacy that has a broken cam sproket and that is all that is wrong i can't find the parts online anywhere and i would like to fit a 1998 ej22 intake on it . if you have any info on that and you could let me know that would be awesome. i also have an ej25 sohc from a 2006 subaru legacy that has the sprockets on it i was just wondering if they would work? any info will be greatly appriciated.

You're on the right path. Find an intake manifold from a 95-98 EJ22 to run it. If you don't want a check engine light, make sure it comes from an automatic/egr equipped. You run a hose off the EGR port hose to the IACV hose and it's good to go.

The 2006 is probably not going help you much. The 1990 motor is pretty much plug and play after the intake manifold gets bolted on there. Great combo then. toys and ground clearance of the outback with more engine reliability.

okay i gotthe cam repared but i am running into another problem the 90's intake throtal body does not match up with the wiring harness for my 98 subaru. the tps conector is completely different and the 1998 intake i have from  the car originaly had an egr system on it and the 1990 does not is there any way to fix this if not if any one has a 1998 intake for a ej22 please let me know or if there is any where i can buy one but most places i have looked around me can not sell me one with out buying a full motor.