Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Correct center cap color for my 86 brat

Okay, I have the question out elsewhere with no definitive answer...What color is the correct color for wagon wheel center caps for an '86 brat??  I know it is either black or blue.  I have an original brochure but am unable to make it out with confidence.

Anyone??

Best of my memory my first brat, an 86, had blue center caps. It was purchased by my dad in 94 and was completely stock aside from having jump seats added to the bed. I'll see if I can find any pictures of it next time in at mom's house.

Almost all of the center caps I still have are green center. One set is from my 84 coupe, one set from an 82 hatch, and several mixed years, I don't have a single center cap with in black, I think that is something they did later in the production, and is also the only color you can still get new from Subaru.

I have been pouring through images of brats online trying to find a historic photo with some detail...Two of the low mileage survivors appear to have faded blue center caps.  Are you sure they are obsolete from Subaru 86bratman?  I thought someone told me that you could still get them...

I had no idea there were green ones.  I have it from an authority that for 86 they should be black or blue, but can't seem to get a firm answer as to which.  I have someone that says they can get blue ones from Subaru, so I am hoping he is right as that is my preference, and it doesn't seem anyone will ever know the difference :)

I've been surprised lately at what random parts you can still get for the ea81 cars from Subaru. A month or so ago I bought a couple of the "unleaded fuel only" decals that go over the gas door, one for when I repaint the car and the other just because. Apparently the gold targa stripe is still available for the brat as well.

Hmmm.  I am going to be in need of gold targa stripes as well as the unleaded decal...Maybe I need to call my supplier back and increase my order.  I wonder how the cost measures up against the guy that reproduces those targa stripes?  Or if you need to worry about buying one from Subaru that has been aging on the shelf for 30 years...