Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Midwest Get-Together Near Omaha, Nebraska - April 26

Guest McBrat

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest McBrat

I've been searching for places to do a little trail running, but doesn't appear to be any official ones...

I'll just look for a park we can meet at and swap stories, parts, etc... :)

Guest ShawnW

How about Noon for meeting? I think I am going to drive out on Saturday and return the same day, thats crazy but I am the only one coming (well Sube too I bet).

Shawn

Guest ShawnW

I have faxed the 3 Omaha area Subaru dealers requesting some parking space, etc for our meeting. Ill let you know if I hear anything from them.

Thanks

Shawn

Guest chef tim

That sounds great Shawn. Have a little lunch??? Just hang out. No Sadie this trip??? I'll Email you my number later if you want. Later, Tim

Guest ShawnW

No Sadie this year, just me. Im getting divorced.

My new girlfriend wont be coming along either, she has a trip planned that weekend already.

Guest chef tim

Hang on a sec' while I pull my foot out of my mouth......... Really sorry to hear that Shawn, been down that road myself. Later, Tim

Guest subyguy

ill post my number as soon as i figure one out. i do have a message number in washington i check dayly its 1(509)386 7798 also if you email me your numbers at spot12@hotmail.com ill give you a call.

Guest chef tim

Less then a week away!!!!! Do we have any word yet from the local dealers???? I got a hold of "scottsnisson", he lives in Omaha. I don't think the Hatch-Brat will be ready, rained all weekend and put me way behind scheduale. Six days and counting!!!! Tim

Guest ShawnW

No word from the dealers.

Lets assume they arent going to cooperate in time and pick a park and a time.

Ill then fax them a sheet that they hopefully can post on the door or parts counter or something with hopes that a few more Subaru owners will come find us.

I am 4 hours away so I am willing to meet from Noon thru anytime in the afternoon/evening on Saturday. Would 1:00 work?

Shawn

Guest chef tim

one is good for us. now just a place. I did Email scott and he said there is a Nebraska sub owners meet on Sunday at wild wings.

Guest McBrat

How about this for saturday....

N.P. Dodge Memorial Park

11001 John J Pershing Rd.

Omaha NE

Regional Park

445 Acres

playground

ball fields

soccer fields

horse shoe pits

tennis courts

fishing

boating

waterskiing

paths

trails

historic monuments

overlook

camping

lagoon

Guest McBrat

Shawn,

caravan definitely sounds good. will be cool to have 2 brats cruising along together... :)

I'll most likely have a topper on also....

I'll most likely be bringing a cooler along and some food.....

Guest tom2turbo2

I will miss this deal, but if I decide on I-80 route, will be in the neighborhood May 7 or so. I drove thru Omaha last November trying to dodge the snow and cold in Montana, Wyoming was not any dryer or warmer.

Tom

Guest McBrat

did a little "prep" work on the 86 brat tonight:

new radiator

new water pump

new alt belt

nw fuel filter f/r

My Parts I'm bringing along:

LSD - Chef Tim

Sorry Brian no wheels this time :cool:

If anybody else needs anything, let me know.....

Guest superoo

I'm back!

McBrat, I sent you mail.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been away too long, and my account went away. I'd love to go, but need to do some work before I'm mobile again. Perhaps others here can help.....

'78 subie wagon, She'll idle, but if I give her anything other than full throttle, she hiccups & dies. Runs poor at speed with occasional backfiring, usually under load. after being driven for a few minutes, she won't restart (acts like she's flooded) Is this a carb adjustment problem? a tune up issue? Or something worse? (like did she jump time?) Thanks.

Hopefully, I can get her running and be able to attend.

Guest superoo

Does that imply that the Brat is not running? I almost would buy them, but currently I'm broke, and mom would probably have an breakdown if I brought home more cars! (though we have sort of been in the market for a (really) cheap pick-up.)

So is that a "not so much" to swinging by en route to Omaha?

(It's ok, you won't hurt my feelings :lol: )

Guest McBrat

it'll depend on when we leave/Shawn gets here...

actually the brat runs. I've been driving it. I put a post up in the marketplace for all the ones I have for sale....

Guest McBrat

okay. roll call for those who are gonna be there....

Shawn and I will be caravaning there. him in his gray brat with black topper, and me/son in my 86 light blue brat with a white topper.

e-mail me for my cell#

Guest ShawnW

Hey Superoo if you wanted to drive down to Omaha, or meet me and Mick along I-80 on the way toward Omaha I wouldnt mind you riding along with me in my Brat. Id just like to see a bunch of people show up.

Shawn

Guest superoo

Thanks, that's very nice of you. I just found out tonight that I have to pick up my mother at the airport (in Omaha) Saturday morning. (her ride back had to cancel out) That's at 11:00am, so I'll have to bring her back here before I could do anything and it will be to late to catch you by then i'm sure. However, I'll try to make it down in my Ford just to be there if at all possible. It's still going down at the park right?