Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Midwest Get-Together Near Omaha, Nebraska - April 26

Guest McBrat

Guest McBrat

just bring her along :)

yep. Will be at the park. look for the Brats :)

Scott says 50/50 chance of rain Saturday, but park has covered areas too.....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RedLance

Dang! I gotta miss it. My son's first birthday is the 26th, and we're having a party at 1pm, down here in Lincoln.

Besides, I'm ashamed to admit, that not one of my subaru's is currently road worthy. I haven't finished reinstalling the engine in the 86 XT, the 85 XT's engine is still in pieces, awaiting the funds to fill it with hi performance goodies. Both 80 BRATs have front end damage, and the 86 BRAT needs a clutch, half-shafts and the clutch pedal fixed.

If anybody needs 80's wagon parts feel free to let me know while yer in the area. I have an 82 2wd auto, and a 79 4wd 4sp, for parts, plus an 81 2wd auto that needs head gaskets. Plus, I have asorted other early 80's parts, including a couple of 1600cc engines. If anybody is still in town on Sunday and wants to look through the pile, let me know in e-mail how I can get ahold of you, or, if the guy from Omaha wants, I can give him my cell number, to give out at the meet.

I really hope I'll be able to attend the next Midwest gathering, in one of my soobs...

Brian

Guest chef tim

Anyone have a map to this park??? we will be there at one !!! Shawn remember that tail light if you can. Thanks, Tim

Guest superoo

OK!!

Points, coil, cap, rotor, plugs & wires, fuel filter, carb cleaning & a bottle of fuel system cleaner later......

She's running like a dream!!! Still have to pick up mom at the airport, but I'll be there in the Soob! How late are you all going to be there? It might not be till like 3:00 or so before I can get there. You'll still be in the park, won't you? :rollin:

Guest subyguy

ill be there ill be driving a red nissan sentra(with a justy spair tire) i had to have somthing subaru on my car LOL. anyway ill look for you guys is every one meating at 3pm? or are some going to be there at 1pm? just want to clearify. oh yea were picknicking at the park right. oh bother ill read through all the posts so if the answer is in there ill find it anyway only 15 or so hours away and there will be a soob fest!!!!

Guest ShawnW

1pm is when a majority of us will be shooting for.

Justy wheel eh? youll get more ribbing for that than the Nissan wheel would have. :)

Ill go easy on you though, looking forward to meetin you!

Guest McBrat

yes, planning on picnicing there at the park

my # is 515.321.3709

we will try to stay fairly close to the park entrance since it is so big....

Guest superoo

What a good time! So glad I was able to make it down and meet all of you! Looking foreward to seeing the pictures, and can't wait till next time. :D

Guest ShawnW

Home safely and in one piece.

DAMN Sube sure is tired. Special thanks to Indy and Mick's R/C Brat for wearing him out but good.

Come to think of it I am tired too, been up since 4:45AM on the 26th and its 12:45AM now. EEEK!

Off to bed. Tomorrow morning I am going to write down the names of all the people I forgot to tell about this to. At least 3 other Brat owners I forgot to inform. Amazing what a large circle of friends you come up with that are Subaru owners....after a meet.

Thanks for a good time guys/gals, hope we can do this again and with a few more folks next time too!

Shawn

Guest chef tim

Sunday evening and we're home, safe and sound. Zoo was AWESOME!!!!! Might be an Idea for next years meet (I hope this will be an annual event). Thanks for the great time everyone, it was supper fun to meet new friewnds and get back with some old ones!!! Later, T&V

Guest McBrat

Tim,

how was the carb on the way home? one thing I forgot to mention is that with those carb settings, it may run a little rough at start up, until it gets warmed up a bit....

Mick

Guest vickaroo

Hi Mick.... Im driving the DRTYGRL now and the power seems to be better... THANK YOU!!! So if I get a speeding ticket will you pay for it... lol :lol: Maybe now I can take her out and play in the mud when Tim gets my wheel bearings replaced... :rolleyes: By the way I got the pics downloaded on the computer all the cars and brats look great I still need to learn this new program stuff on the new computer and do some editting but when I get it done Ill have Tim post them... Hey Shawn give subbie a hug for me... Vicky

• 11 months later...