Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Idle Control Fault after rebuild

Finally got the engine finished up yesterday and when it started, the revs went right up to 2500. I adjusted the throttle cable with little to no effect. Good news is that it was running smooth. I let it go to top off coolant and inspect for any leaks. A minute later, the engine speed starts jumping around between 1500 and 3000. It settled down and then the engine light came on: P0519. I erased it, and the revs started jumping again. No vacuum leaks I could see, and I never touched any of the sensors on the throttle body - IM came off in one piece. Every time I erased the code, it would jump around, then settle around 1500.

I ran it this morning and wiggled the harnesses/vacuum lines but got the same thing, plus with 3 pending codes: "B2ERR - Body", "DAT -", and "P1900 - Powertrain". I've never heard of those. When its idling high, its smooth....but when the revs settle down into the 1500 range there is a small vibration.

One irregular thing that happened during the rebuild process is the TC come off when pulling the engine, but I'm confident that I assembled and installed it correctly. Snapped the clip back into the shaft and got it installed to factory spec. When the engine was fully bolted up, I could turn the flex plate easily to get the bolt holes lined up. Other than that, it was business as usual.

Any guesses to the root cause? I'll try and clean the IAC sensor tonight.

Edited by cas5259