Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I need to move my Legacy GT so it wont get towed thinking the car is abandoned.. :rolleyes:  no one seems to have any space or storage options i was going to send my motor to the machine shop however the dealer don't have the two rods in stock and they will have to overnight them. meanwhile I'm towing on on-road only no pulling or any ditch stuff.. I'm not sure if I should get a tow strap with hooked ends with clips or what

The #1 thing we need to know - I believe - is this a 5-speed or Automatic?

5-speed can be flat towed all 4 wheels on the ground; Autos must either be towed on a flat bed truck - all 4 wheels on bed OR you can remove the 4 12mm bolts (wrench size) @ the rear diff/drive shatft connection and tow w/the front wheels on a tow dolly dragging the rear wheels. 

Read your Owner's Manual to be sure.

I'm not sure if moving it a few spaces is going to help the parking is stupid it's kinda like a one way entrance the area I'm at I backed the car in I pushed it with the Tribeca my thing is I don't know if moving it in different spaces will calm them down. I'm at work from 10am to 9pm every day so I can't always check

I'm no expert but, anyplace that sells recovery straps rated for pickup trucks 'should' have gear that will work.

be careful - but remember you're towing it, not trying to lift it onto a container ship. Steering and braking are bigger concerns than getting it rolling I think.

the shackles that Home Depot had were raited for 2000 lbs
  • Like 1