Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2011 Forester grinding/growling on left turn

I get a growling vibration from the right front when I make a left turn under power, not when coasting or under braking. It doesn't matter whether it's a sharp or shallow turn, only whether my foot is on or off the gas pedal. The right-front hub and bearing was replaced  by the dealer under warranty in Feb '15 (47K mi), along with a rear trans mount, to resolve the same complaint. Another wheel bearing already?

it would be disappointing but, yeah, possible wheelbearing again if you say the symptoms are the same.

I wouldn't 'rule out' something different - brake issues can sometimes do this, axles...etc.

There have been 1 or 2 instance I've read of where a knuckle seemed to be the problem and a new or used one seemed to solve the bearings going bad. Or, if they had some new kid working the press or w'ever equipment they use, the procedure may have been botched and put stress on the new part.....?

If you feel there's an issue with the dealership, you can get SOA involved but, sometimes it's just bad luck.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan