Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2005 Outback - Clock Issues after Airbag Recall Work Done

Went to my dealer today and got my airbag recall work done.  However, by the time I got home (I live 30 miles from the closest dealership), I realized that my clock/distance/temp/mpg display was not powered and not working.  I called the dealership and they said it was most likely just a cable that needed plugging into the power and that this could be done without bringing it back in (it will be a while before I could do that any way).

Where do I look for this cable? Is it just needing to be plugged into a fuse box or something?  I can't find anything on the internet or I just don't know the key words I should be using. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Possibly they left the wire connector that goes to the clock loose. But before puling the clock out of the dash, does any of the back-lighting in the instrument cluster work? Sometimes the dimmer switch gets rolled all the way down and the clock may just not be illuminated because the dimmer is all the way down. 

Search for how to remove the center trim panel around the radio. Once that's popped out you should be able to see if the clock is plugged in or not. 

If its plugged in and still not working, consider trying this fix: http://www.uklegacy.com/forums/index.php/topic/121140-03-trip-computerclock-problem/?do=findComment&comment=531104

• Like 1

Thanks. I was told tearing out the dash was not necessary, but that was the dealership, who screwed this up in the first place. Now, the AIRBAG light is on, so I guess it''s another trip out of my way back to the dealer. Are all Subaru dealerships this horrible at service? Have ongoing issues with them even for oil changes.