Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

C'mon north!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hodakarider_*

Guest_hodakarider_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2003 - 06:11 PM

Well, I posted this awhile back on the "Old school" forum, and thought I'd put it up here, too. Anyone want to come up for a 4X, backroad tour, Ainsworth trip? Your American $ means it's a cheap trip for you, and I could arrange some off-road stuff nearby.

#2 Guest_Subrina 7_*

Guest_Subrina 7_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2003 - 08:40 PM

How far North are yall?

#3 Guest_oddcomp_*

Guest_oddcomp_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2003 - 10:58 PM

i don't think they let people such as myself aross the border hehe

#4 Guest_Subrina 7_*

Guest_Subrina 7_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2003 - 11:18 PM

I blaze em w/the high beams you scoot thru with the lights out..

#5 Guest_hodakarider_*

Guest_hodakarider_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2003 - 12:56 AM

Nelson, BC.
www.mapquest.com/maps/map...z4stOSFqQ4

#6 Guest_oddcomp_*

Guest_oddcomp_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2003 - 10:47 AM

lol subrina the turbo soob sccots but i am afraid with the exhaust currently making it sound like a hot rod lawn mower i think they might realize either someone is making a run for the border or another drunk on his john deer got lost

hehe

#7 Guest_magnificent subaru_*

Guest_magnificent subaru_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2003 - 09:50 PM

Hodakarider: I'll have to come up and check you out. I've been to Rossland, BC to snowboard at Red Mountain ten years or so ago and have always wanted to return. My wife and I road-tripped and honeymooned on SaltSpring Island, we've been there twice. We digs canada but you've got to watch your p's and q's with the RCMP!!
Ross

#8 Guest_hodakarider_*

Guest_hodakarider_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2003 - 08:30 PM

No kidding! My sube used to live on Saltspring! Yeah, c'mon up sometime, and bring the Spokane/CD'A guys, too! LOTS of back roads up here to explore.

#9 Guest_edrach_*

Guest_edrach_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2003 - 10:27 PM

Are you anywhere near Merritt, BC? I'm debating coming up there in two weeks for the rallycross.

I've got to check the current border regs since my passport needs to be renewed.

#10 Guest_magnificent subaru_*

Guest_magnificent subaru_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2003 - 11:05 AM

Ed: I've never had to use my passport. Just the license/I.D. seems to do the trick. 'course there could be new regs I don't know about.
Ross

#11 Guest_hodakarider_*

Guest_hodakarider_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2003 - 02:25 PM

I'm about 4-5 hours away from Merritt. At the border you'll need your birth certificate and driver's licence. You don't need a passport, but if you have one you can use it instead.

#12 Guest_edrach_*

Guest_edrach_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2003 - 01:14 AM

That's the problem; I'm a naturalized US Citizen and I usually use a copy of my Naturalization papers unless my Passport is up to date (it's not right now). I don't have a birth certificate since it was lost in World War II (I was born in a section of Germany that is now Poland--no chance to get updated paperwork there). Anyway, I'm not sure what the new requirements are for crossing (and re-crossing) the border. Also, I can't seem to find any information about the BC rallycrosses other than the date and town. I don't feel like driving 5 hours and then finding I wouldn't be able to enter my car because of some technicality.

#13 Guest_hodakarider_*

Guest_hodakarider_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2003 - 04:28 PM

I see your situation. When my dad and I went to Oregon in Sept. to visit my brother, my dad forgot his birth certificate at home. They almost didn't let him through without it, but I think the "Crossing Guards :rollin: " on the American side (the side I go through when I enter the States) are a little more severe in general than the ones on the Canadian side (the side you-all go through on your way into Canada).

#14 Guest_hodakarider_*

Guest_hodakarider_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2003 - 04:14 PM

Well, Ross (Magnificent) has expressed an interest. Anybody else wanna come up and play this summer? Big lake, lotsa camping, trails of all types (car, bike, hike)

#15 Guest_bajavwnsoobnut_*

Guest_bajavwnsoobnut_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2003 - 06:52 PM

well hey I will be coming up that way this summer the week of the 12th of august

#16 Guest_hodakarider_*

Guest_hodakarider_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2003 - 07:10 PM

bumpers
:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users