Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81T fuel pump / fuel damper problem

Fuel pulsation damper...necessary?

I recently sprung a leak on my 84 BRAT turbo.  Started leaking at the front of the fuel pump where in attaches directly to a fitting.  During removal of the rusted mess, I snapped ALL the rusted bolts holding the bracket, broke the fitting off the end of the fuel pump, and ripped a hole in the fuel damper.  I've found a replacement fuel pump for it, but cannot find a replacement damper anywhere.  So the question is: how necessary is the damper?  I'd like to avoid long term damage.  She only has 114K on her now.  Thanks for any input.

post-62555-0-77616400-1476225507_thumb.png

The post above has your answer. The ea82 units are commonish as they used like 8 per car. Pretty sure Ive got one or two lying around. Ide be tempted to just live without it if you cant find another. Im not sure how bad (if at all) that would really be on the reg or injectors. I think nothing would really happen. Of course one may argue "its there for a reason". If you still insist, the old ford style units are available online and would probably work fine. I could not varify the nipple size, I dont see them being larger than 3/8 and you could probably make that work. Google is your friend, and you have the part number. Good luck let us know what you do.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Standard-Motor-Products-FPD1-Pressure-Damper-/272098156269?hash=item3f5a505eed:m:mfUarlwLkzpTQN4WL5YzS5A&vxp=mtr

Cheaper on rock auto, only if you have other things to order.

• Like 1