Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fog lights 2009 Forester? Help...

I am adding aftermarket fog lamps to my forester. They are ebay ones that mimic the OEM and appear to have the OEM oval 2 prong female connection. They bolt and click right in my bumper no problem. My car did not come with fog lights. It has snap out covers over the holes. My question is.... Are there wires in the harness that will connect to the lights at the front bumper? If so, at what point do they terminate under the dash, or wherever so I can hopefully tie in a switch/ relay as needed?  I have a whole new harness but would like to use as much of the stock wiring as possible if it exists! Thanks!!!

The wires are in the harness. They go to a relay board near the fuse box. The oem switch is on the light control stick - I bought a new one from a dealer, and the lights and the relay. Plugged them in and fog lights. With no hack job installation, or huge project to do it nicely. The only thing I'll eventually change is the way the power is routed. The oem setup makes it so you cannot have the fogs on without the headlights. Stupid this is, since in really bad fog, the whole point is to shut off the headlights.

• Like 1