Ultimate Subaru Message Board

should i commit to the beautifully ugly baja?

hey folks i found myself a baja that needs a rear end (its humming) for a cool grand never seen one this low by the way. high miles little bit of rust and its no 10/10 ride but i've wanted one and i'm broke rather often but i know how to wrench and i've seen the insides of many older subarus. i'm hoping the motor and trannys are easily swap-able like i assume they are with the 2000-2004 legs it is an n/a automatic which makes it easier. so what do you lads think? *pic is of the actual one i'm looking at*

post-64909-0-97593700-1477356168_thumb.jpg

sure, buy it.  it's just a piece of metal on wheels.  look at your needs, finances, and thoroughly inspect the vehicle and have at it. 

they've gotten much cheaper and more available in the past year or two so it's not a surprise or concern just to find one cheap as much as it would have been not too long ago.  

it needs a wheel bearing, not a rear end.  Subaru rear end failure is nearly unheard of and misdiagnosed all the time.