Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Questions, EJ22 Brat

Hello All,

I purchased a Brat with the EJ22 already swapped. (Lucky me!). However, there are a few things I have discovered that I have questions. The guages (water temp and voltage) are intermittently working, sometimes on at start then shutoff, sometimes not on at all. Thank you Loyale 2.7 turbo for the advice but I can't find the splice for the gauges. Also, when the turn signal is on (either direction), the idle jumps with the flasher???

Finally, what size exhaust is recommended for this combo? Right now the bulk of the exhaust is 1.75". Seems like that would choke the engine some.

This Brat was brought up from Florida in 2004 from the previous owner. It had a lift kit and Peugeot rims if anyone knows who did the swap, I would like to talk with them.

Thank you all!

• Like 1

... Thank you Loyale 2.7 turbo for the advice but I can't find the splice for the gauges ...

You're Welcome.

You should follow the wiring harness, going from the mere instrument Cluster, it should go to the EJ22 engine's ECU / Engine Bay.

Sometimes the Flasher makes the Tachometer to Jump, more likely for one of this three reasons, or a combination of them, might be causing such situation: Low Amperage delivered by the Alternator, Bad Groundings on the Cluster / ECU wiring, and Shared power supply wire on the system.

Kind Regards.