Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 2011 Legacy and this morning when I looked at my clock display I saw the number 400 and a dash line and a couple of little symbols next to the dash line, I don't know what they were, just little squares of some kind.  It was in the middle of the display window just to the right of the number showing the outside temperature.  On the right side of the display area is the time.  When I got to work the reading showed 390.  I have no idea what that middle display means.  If it's been there before, I haven't noticed it.  Does anyone know what that is?  I can't find a thing online about it. 

Bluepearlgirl,

CNY_Dave is correct.

Your center portion of the gauge is set to read the distance yet to travel before the fuel tank is empty. Check your instrument panel for a little push button labelled "MPG" just underneath it. It will be on the extreme right or left side of the instrument gauge panel. Another button like it will be on the extreme other side of the gauge panel, and its for resetting your trip meters.

Press the MPG button once and it will cycle through to the next setting which will be a number indicating your average mpg. Press it a 2nd time and it will read out your actual mpg that is updated every second, so the numbers will change constantly as you accelerate or brake. Press the button a 3rd time and you get what you now have as Miles to Empty. At least this is how its set up on my 2012 OBW LTD.