Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HELP! Clutch disengaged during installation

Well i feel like an spardnubbin for wasting your time, when i started taking the motor out i told my wife to pull the ebrake...... she pulled the 4wd lever into neutral....... so the input shaft was just spinning doing nothing, about to put motor back in, thank you ihscout54 for all the suggestions and help, excuse me now I've got a hole to dig....... just kidding.

D'OH!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hate when that happens.........

• Like 1

I have not been on the forum in a few weeks.   But, this is hilarious.  

Note to all future posters -  Please divulge to us members, in your original post, of any involvement from wifes, daughters and/or girlfriends.   This information will certainly expedite your repair job.

• Like 1

Yeah for sure, motors back in now, now i think i put the distributor in wrong, the shop that rebuilt the motor didn't put the disty back in so i had to, i followed my book, no.1 piston to tdc point the disty at no.1 and it the gear meshed in, got spark and fuel but no start, so gotta see whats up with that tomorrow.

Let me preface this by saying i just had the engine rebuilt at a machine shop, Flipped disty thinking it might be 180 out, put finger over no.1 spark plug hole to feel compression stroke, couldn't feel it, put my compression tester on it........ it reads 0, and as ive cranked it with the plugs in it sounds just like it does with the plugs out, so methinks the camshaft might be off 180 and is opening the valves on the compression stroke, what rlse could this be?

Yep that was the issue, it's running now, kinda sounds like a diesel in the middle, not sure if it'll smooth out or not, this is the first engine I've had rebuilt so im a little freaked out by noises lol, i had it rebuilt because the front and rear seals went out and dumped most of its oil out while my wife was driving it home, and i heard a little knock from the middle which sounded like rod knock to me, so it went to a machine shop, they polished the crank new bearings seals pistons rings the whole nine, this noise I'm hearing now sounds worse than when i took it to them, so not sure whats going on now, just seems like everything that can go wrong has so far every little thing being difficult.