Ultimate Subaru Message Board

$800 Forester - Bargain of a lifetime

I bought a 2000 Forester S for $800 last week with a "bad transmission."

The car is immaculate. Single owner. Southern car. No rust. Detail cleaned engine bay. 4 new tires. Leather interior, etc. I took it home to swap the transmission with a good one I had laying around and I discovered that it just had a self-detonated front CV. I swapped the axle and now it is driving 100% perfect.

What a deal!

PGBH7lN.jpg6EsH59p.jpg

SF3o5RG.jpg

ccFiQ83.jpg

wFxwJlx.jpg

Edited by jmoss5723
  • Like 2

Yeah heckuva score. Where did you buy it?

I bought it in Virginia from a dealership that only really exists online. They sell 100 cars a month on eBay. I asked a local subie guy (does part outs, timing belt jobs, occasionally flips cars, etc.) if he knew where I could get a car with a bad tranny to put this one in. He gave me this dealer's number and the rest just kinda happened.

Good deal! I have personally purchased four Subarus, all for $500 or less! 92 and 96 Subaru legacies, for $350 each, an 86 GL for $450, and a 95 legacy for $200 for the ej22 that went into the 86!

Whether you drive the wheels off your car, or flip her for a few hundo, you certainly got your moneys worth! Subarus are hard to beat for cheap cars! Winter is coming and you know some fool that only has a mustang will pay $1500 easy!

I picked up a 93 4 door 5 speed Impreza off of cl for free o my to do d compete 03 wrx running gear when I got there. The guy did a nice complete swap and then got mad after a year when it developed a rod knock, so he gave it away.