Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Electric radiator fan relays and wiring

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 c150L

c150L

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • East Central Wisconsin

Posted 11 June 2004 - 10:36 AM

I did a search on this order but did not quite find what I need. My 89 XT6 runs rather warm due to a less than perfect radiator. The other day I seem to have noticed the the larger of the 2 fans on the radiator does not come on. Thermoswitch (and fan relay?) seems to take care of the LH (smaller) of the 2 fans. I don't have a wiring dia for the XT6, just a std Haynes manual which only depics 81-83 models. I beleive the second fan is switched on IF the thermoswitch has closed AND perhaps an air conditioner relay is closed. My air cond has never worked, but I'm sure I have seen the second fan run. (Probably in the defrost or A/C settings?)

Well, I could use a scan or such that shows the wiring of these fans and if someone could direct me to the relay(s), that would save much time. Thanks

#2 c150L

c150L

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • East Central Wisconsin

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:18 AM

Well, Saturday, both fans were running. Both with key on run and one in the accy position. Tonight neither ran. Even though engine was hot and gauge was near the red. Could someone scan the wiring page(s) that cover the radiator fans and controls from their Sube factory service manual for me? (89 XT6 variety)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users