Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 Blinker's Wont Blink

Well, to add to the frustration that I have been driving with a vacuum leak infested hitachi (STILL waiting on my Weber from Shawn...) I guess my blinkers have now decided that after 33 years, its time to retire. Basically, when I it the turn signal, the lights will all light up, but there is no "click" "click". I'm gonna guess that the resistor (would that be the correct term?) that controls the on/off action of the blinkers has gone ka-put... but I have no idea where that is located on my car (1984 wagon, EA81) or if that is even a correct hypothesis. Any ideas? I have tried using the hazards too, and the same result occurs... the blinkers will light up, but there is no clicking on and off. Just a solid light. 

The relay gave up. Mine did this. Relay is located under the dash up pretty high. Mine were round and both the hazard and regular are beside each other. Also make sure all the signal lights are good. If a light burns out it won't blink either.

Edited by iluvdrt
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...