Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat barn find... now what to do first?

Actually, yes. I think I updated the fuel tank rebuild on another thread, but I've also pulled off the old manifold and Carter carb and replaced with a Weber. Cleaned the interior so that you don't feel too bad about sitting in it any more. Drilled my hubs and drums to accept 6 lug wheels. Replaced an axle, all new brakes and master cyl. New windshield wiper blades! Dang, now I find that the wipers don't work. Adjusted the valves, they were pretty wide. Changed all the fluids and every hose. New waterpump and oil pump. Replaced the distributor, new cap, wires, plugs etc.

Bought a parts Brat to scavenge some misc. parts from--- including jump seats!!. The main reason I bought it. Got new tires, 195/70-14 and some Dodge D50 alloys. Unfortunately the slight bit of offset difference is causing fender interference in the front so the next step is to install a small front lift. I have a 2" kit just haven't had a chance to get started. The engine purrs like a kitten. I have not gotten to drive it other than back and forth out the garage due to the tire rubbing issue, can't really make much of a turn. Got the carb and timing adjusted, the electric fan works good. Just can't wait to actually take it around the block. The only home run on the rusty parts Brat I bought would have been if it had been an A/C car, unfortunately it wasn't.

post-65087-0-62080800-1496236240_thumb.jpg

post-65087-0-69436300-1496236264_thumb.jpg

• Like 1