Ultimate Subaru Message Board

weber convert- no "Y" fitting

On my EA82 carb, there is no Y fittig for the fuel lines. The carb has a seperate feed and seperate return. Can anybody shed some light on where i can get this Y fitting? I want to do it right, as in have a 9 psi pump that i may trade out for a 5 psi pump and not run a return line just like 2.7 loyale said in his write up. Of course if anybody has this good "Y" fitting i will pay money for one lol

Last time I was at Upickit there were 2 EA82's and one EA81 car, pretty sure I saw a couple carbs.

Something could easily be built from hardware store fittings. It would be more of a "Tee" but the hoses are flexable. IIRC the return is 1/8 and the supply is 5/16 (on EA81's) Ide guess your car would be the same. Another option is to buy w 5/16 "WYE" and then splice in a 5/16 to 1/8 adaptor down stream on the return side. Get creative, heck use a 4 way and install a mini fuel pressure gauge.

Theres a place called Yavapai Fleet on Washington off Sheldon, thats great for these sort of things, good prices too. If thats not convenient between Lowes and Autozone Ide think you could make something work.

Well i went to upickit and i managed to actually break the only Y fitting that was in the yard lol. However i now have a connect for brand new Y fittings, that go into the factory subaru carbs. I am ordering my Weber 3236 friday. Didnt buy a kit because i found buying it in pieces saves me $75 in the end. Also getting a 2-3.5 psi pump @28 gph. Should be running by next saturday, as its long days at work right now.