Ultimate Subaru Message Board

93 loyale cel code 35?

Ah, that rings a bell.  We had this code come up about 10 years ago and I remember now that it was hesitating pretty badly when you'd hit the throttle.  Went on for a long time before the code came up.  Don't know what the repair involved as I didn't work on cars at the time.  It did fix the problem though and has never done it since.

Edited by DeltaWye

Purge solenoid code / EGR code - 345 & 34 - The ECU cannot tell anything other than open or shorted circuit to the coil.

I've had them fail, never noticed them effect driveability.  Nearly all of the OEM ones fail.  My solution is on my website below:

http://www.dynahoedave.co.nf/solenoid.html

Edited by DaveT

Ah, that rings a bell. We had this code come up about 10 years ago and I remember now that it was hesitating pretty badly when you'd hit the throttle. Went on for a long time before the code came up. Don't know what the repair involved as I didn't work on cars at the time. It did fix the problem though and has never done it since.

Well either change the solenoid to another factory one or do the whole toyota thing. Idek where i can get another factory one unless i go to pick n pull

Well either change the solenoid to another factory one or do the whole toyota thing. Idek where i can get another factory one unless i go to pick n pull

Well I may have been wrong about the solenoid being the cause of the hesitation, it was quite a while ago and I wasn't the one working on the car at the time. 

The EGR solenoid valve and the purge control solenoid valve are identical except for the connectors.

It is possible that you won't find a good one in the PnP,   Even the old Toyotas etc. that can provide a replacement are getting scarce in the yards.  At least, that is my experience around here.

I found a generic EGR solenoid on Ebay out of India for $22 with shipping.  Its connector will plug directly into EGR connector on the Loyale,  Then you can use the EGR solenoid as a purge control solenoid by cutting off the old purge control connector and soldering it onto the EGR solenoid. 

It works fine.  No more CEL is nice.  I don't think it had any effect on drivability, though.