Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So far, the stories are false

Always heard that the North East is the BIG place to find Soobs. Hog wash. I've counted less than 10 in the week + that I've been here in up state NY. The oldest was a 93 impreza, 4 were newer impreza/wrxs. The paper has only produced 2 for sale the whole time too. There are 3 under 2500 in the Autotrader, all are 100 miles away. . . ALL 90 or older cars here are complete rust buckets. Even the guard rail in town is rusted thru and collapsing.

:lol:

The legacy in the local paper brags of being a "Southern" car with no rust. Might grab it if it's still available in a week or two. 2k obo, 130k or so miles

The whole trip accross the country, I counted 6 Soobs. (except all the ones at Mick McBrat's house) I only saw one 80's soob, a Brat in Montana with Calvin pissing on environmentalists sticker on the back window. hehe

The Northeast IS the place to find Soobs.... compared to the Midwest. Compared to the NW we don't have jack. On the east though... the place to find Soobs is in PA and WV. I see about 10 or more 80's Soobs a day, and have access to over 100 in the boneyard less than an hour away. Yes there are tons of rustbuckets here. But, there also are some mint condition ones if you look hard enough. Also some very unique cars going around town, including a MINT black RX. I've been to NY and noticed that it is pretty devoid of Subarus, and just older cars in general- most times my 92 Loyale was the oldest car in sight.

The Northeast IS the place to find Soobs.... compared to the Midwest. Compared to the NW we don't have jack. On the east though... the place to find Soobs is in PA and WV. I see about 10 or more 80's Soobs a day, and have access to over 100 in the boneyard less than an hour away. Yes there are tons of rustbuckets here. But, there also are some mint condition ones if you look hard enough. Also some very unique cars going around town, including a MINT black RX. I've been to NY and noticed that it is pretty devoid of Subarus, and just older cars in general- most times my 92 Loyale was the oldest car in sight.

I'd say those states and VT,CT,and New England in general.

Upstate NY is a little redneck,more Ford Broncos and Chevy Blazers.....

Eric,you're in a real lame part of NY,hate to tell you.There's a lot more Subarus down this way where more open minded people live.

I said this recently in another post,something to the effect that this last decade or so people have had more choices in 4WD so the average yuppie scum has gone from Subarus to Navigators,etc.....have you noticed all the Mercedes...probably not,because your in a lame rump roast area,sorry bud.

Stop down here on a weekend.I'll show you the real deal.But I will admit,there's just not the same numbers since the late 80's Subarus ruled the roads.At the same time they began rotting off the roads the influx of copy cat-bigger name label cars came into play.Not making excuses,not comparing just stating some facts.Folks out your way can keep their Subarus longer and generally need to,like in VT,WV,PA,etc.....an average NY/NJ/CT resident feels they need to get a new car every 8 years or less.Some folks much less than 8 years.

Eric,how many old cars do you see at all up there?Probably not many unless you're at a drive in on show night.Rust....the deciding factor.

Dude,let's get together.I know I have your number here,but if you don't mind,make it easy on me and send it again.If you can make it down on the weekend it'll be a blast.Are you guys working the weekends or what?

Eric if you really wanna see more subs then any other car on the road you should pay a little visit over here.... I promise you won't be disappointed (and you can also ask the Chef...)

I promise that every USMB member who will pay a visit to Israel will have a special experience and a very warm hospitality.:drunk:

Roi

you should come to frederick, all sorts of subies all over, new and old, then there is a junk yard a few miles west of me that has a few older subies and then there is another junk yard near hagerstown that has lots and lots of old subies, it might be the one trogdor mentioned.

have faith. i live in minneapolis mn. pleanty of tax dollars for lotsa salt on the roads, within a 100 mile radius. i managed to find one cherry(cherry for me) 86 hatch from WA, and one very nice red wagon, from virginia. got em both for about 300 a piece(with blown motors). it did take two years of driving a rusty one before found these two, but both were by chance, by word of mouth.

so what im saying is, be patient, and you can get a good subaru anywhere, just let some poor sucker drive it to you!

come to maine this is ea82 country up here you can't go around a corner with out seeing one i just saved a rust free 86 ea82 3dr 4wd auto. tranny with a blown motor that came into the yard and a rust free 88 2wd ea82 wagon that was a one owner car so just keep looking. look high look low subaru have a tendancy of hidding in the strangest place's:brow:

Y'all still have nothing on the northwest... at my Fiancee's grocery store she works at, there are any given time at least 5 subarus in the parking lot. usually parked in a row too :cool:

There are 7-8 delivery drivers at my pizza place, 3 of us have white subaru wagons (88 GL, 95 Legacy L, 02 OBS)

Come check out the Pioneer Valley in Western Ma :) Any given morning at either of my kids schools you'll likely have one directly in front of you or behind you at the drop-off spot. My GF, Mom and I all drive one each. Two towns over in Northampton(a rainbow hotspot) the things are Uber PC and you can't swing a cat round your head without it smackin into a woman in a new gen model. I counted seven at a set of lights one day.

Moosey, I'll call you in a few weeks, once I have some scratch sent back home. I'm gonna be flying in to Seattle for my b-day in mid July for a weekend. The guys I work with wanna go to NY city to see the town. I guess there's a bus from Syracuse that will take you round trip to a Yankees (yuck) game and feed you beer both ways for 86 bucks. I plan to rent a car soon enough and zip down to see some of you. So far, they won't let us work weekends, they don't wanna pay the overtime. 4 of us at $60+ an hour adds up quick on the budget. Boss says we'll be able to in a month or so. . .

Isra, I can't see myself, being an American, heading anywhere near the middle East anytime soon. Have you watched the news lately? Big time targets of kidnappings and beheadings and stuff. :)

I'll be looking for a legacy, early 90's. There's one in the paper, but the lady won't call me back. Persistance will have to do.

In the days past, I've seen several new Soobs, still haven't seen any older than the 93 imp. . . Not even in yards. They say there was 200 inches of snowfall last winter, you'd think you'd see plenty of Soobs. . .

Someone gave me a tip about Saranac Ale. Not bad stuff. They only Pale ale I've been able to find here (that I recognized) was Sierra Nevada Pale ale. I was glad to pay almost 9 bucks for a sixer.

I've been ready for the city since about Snoqualmie pass. . . :lol:

I'll be in Seattle that weekend, 9th thru the 12th. Moosey, (or anybody else)maybe you could keep your eyes open for a 92ish legacy for under 2gs. 5 speed or AT doesn't matter.

I was >< that close to bringing my hatch with me, but didn't wanna drop 8 bills to rent the trailer. I went to Uhaul and everything. I woulda had to leave it here, we have to drag a trailer full of tools and stuff on the way back. We shipped it here in a container. My plan was to unload it cheap on someone out here before I left. Boy,wouldn't the East coast love a 99.5% rust free lifted 86 hatch with only minor character? (dents)

I've been ready for the city since about Snoqualmie pass. . . :lol:

I'll be in Seattle that weekend, 9th thru the 12th. Moosey, (or anybody else)maybe you could keep your eyes open for a 92ish legacy for under 2gs. 5 speed or AT doesn't matter.

I was >< that close to bringing my hatch with me, but didn't wanna drop 8 bills to rent the trailer. I went to Uhaul and everything. I woulda had to leave it here, we have to drag a trailer full of tools and stuff on the way back. We shipped it here in a container. My plan was to unload it cheap on someone out here before I left. Boy,wouldn't the East coast love a 99.5% rust free lifted 86 hatch with only minor character? (dents)

.....Damn,and I thought I liked you Eric!!! LOL I'd sell something and get the hatch if you wanted to dump it off on me.Otherwise I just don't have the ambition to do it.I've seen EJ's and Mike's at Pine Barrens,and Bruce's lifted ZRBrat-but I know what the rust situation is and approach it realistically.I've always said Subarus are the Bic lighters of cars.They're a dime a dozen down here and you just use them and toss them,go get another.So putting all that effort into one kind of doesn't appeal to me from this standpoint.And,I'd practically never get to use it properly-except for crushing Hondas.

Eric,I'm going to PM my cell #.Feel free to call as you need to.Night and weekends free baby!!!

OK,just emailed through the board.-edit

gee i don't know who thinks they are all over NC... the little time i lived there i saw maybe 3. 2 ea82 and 1 ea81. there were some ej's too though.

as for Isra... i'll be out your way soon... if you want to head towards bagdad and falujiah area! :D i'd love to see a subaru again!

it's just not the NW eric... they are deprived over there just like the SW... :( sniff, sniff....

Zap, what's the dealy? - why you doing over there? I got a call from you last week or so and returned it without success. Must be the 3 hours thang. Anyway, I am out of the loop as to why you are in the NE.

Anybody want to fill me in? NEVERMIND, I READ HIS EARLIER POST - cool.

I'll try your NEW cell # again this week. Be safe, take care, PK

p.s. Isra - I've had several other Israelies desiring a lift - so I know there are many over there - a couple have sent off road pics too. Nice. (kit shipping costs to Tel Aviv are whack, $350+ USD) Maybe Jared can stuff a few in a C-17 on his way over.

Finally saw a loyale today. It was goood and rusty too. LOL I've seen one (1) RS impreza and a few Ls.

PK, disreguard. I thought I'd be grabbing a hatch, but it got sold before I could get to it. You know me, I can't stand those ea81s unless they're lifted. Except Ken's black brat and the lowered hatch that keeps showing up at the wscc's. (it's just too pretty to dislike)

Still no Soobs for sale. I think I'm gonna settle on a Nissan sentra. 94 with 65k in beauty shape for 25 hun. . .