Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 2000 forester with a automatic transmission. I hear a loud clicking noise when I'm accelerating from a stop light and when I'm going up a hill. I jacked up the car to examine the drive train and discovered a bad wheel bearing on the driver side and a torn boot on the passenger side what concerns me is the clicking noise. It's coming from the axle where it attaches to the transmission. When I gripped the axle and turned it I could feel it clicking has anyone had a similar issue. I was also wondering should I replace he axle with used or new axle I seen OEM where over 300 apiece. Any advice?

Either get a used oem one from like a junk yard. Or trt to find a remanned oem one. They're out here.

A Lot of people have had issues with aftermarket ones.

But I wouldn't spend 300$ on axles.

Also, provided you can afford it. I would just replace both front axles. Especially if you get a new or remanned.the new axle will put a lot more stress on the old axle and it will wear out sooner then you think.

Edited by golucky66