Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Should I purchase the extnded warranty 2017 Outback

Hello and thank you for this great forum.

I just purchased the 2017 2.5i Limited Outback with Eyesight and all that. Traded in my 2011 Limited with 76k and they gave me 12,500 in trade. 

At time of purchase, I financed the remainder for 75 months and purchased the additional extended warranty but now considering dropping it as I never had a single problem with my 2011. The concern, however, is all the additional technology with Eyesight.

What do you think? Keep the extended warranty (72 months) which is bumper to bumber for $1985.00  or let it go and apply that money back to my principal? I am thinking 1985 dollars for three years of coverage....I dunno...

Thoughts?

In my opinion the answer is yes, yes, and yes. 

But in reality do you plan on keeping the 17 past the years and mileage on the standard warranty?  If not then there is no reason to purchase a extended one.  But if you are like me and like to keep your vehicles longer than most then those extra months and miles are well worth the money in not having to worry about any of the electronics that are in these new vehicles.  One repair can pay for what you paid for the extended warranty. 

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply. SO, I am almost 51 and live in town...I work only 2 miles away. I won't be putting a ton of miles on the car . I think I want the option of having this great car till I am 60. I want to get my house paid off and such and putting money in new cars doesn't seem too smart. So thank you for your input...I want the option to keep it a very long time so I will keep the extened warrantly.

:)