Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need time for the next big Meet in Washington , Hatch Patrol

Guest rguyver

Guest rguyver

This may be a little early to talk about but some people and others i know ,including me may need some time to get our rigs in shape ,

WHEN is the next Hatch Patroll Meet, same dates as last year ?

Its bin a hard winter on my car and a couple things have to be replaced , rear shocks , tires + rims, front bumper , rad , tranny clutch , and i have other projects on the go that have to be ready for May and i might not get around to fixing my hatch till after then ;)

Maybe some others may be able to plan a build up on their Subaru and have it ready by then too :D

Every weekend is a potential HP get together. Some of us (mainly me) are working on getting the new rig up and running. With the HP doing the SubaRubicon this summer we haven't really discussed an event yet.

We would love to have you guys down here though. Let's see what we can come up with. Maybe a June or early July meet-up would be fun. That would still give us a chance to fix anything before the trip south.

Qman

Guest Adam N.D.J.

Hey Ken, when was the Rubicon run planned for? I'm kinda wondering cause I have to go to a wedding on the 17th of August. And I really can't remember when it was set up for, I'm really hoping that it isn't in that time frame. Catch ya Laters.

Maybe you can catch up with us. :eek:

Set for the week of August 16th through the 23rd I believe. I'll have to check but I am almost 100% on the time frame.

Ken

Guest Hondasucks

Idea: Get-together/campout @ Evan's Creek in June, to shake-down the rigs and whatnot, and so those of us that aren't going to be wheeling at the Rubicon can still have a chance to wheel with the hatch patrol.Just an idea..

Guest rguyver

Hondasucks is on the same thinking as me :) i would like to see some of the Subarus that are going to the Rubicon before they go , it would give them a test run and maybe give them some ideas from looking at how other people modifided their Ru's

I dont want to set a date but the July long weekend 4-? is one idea ?, maybe too buisy for some people ? , weekend camp out ?

Some time that most of us can be there ? even if we live a little far :P

maybe a USMB west 4x4 camp out ?

At any time, we can get together at my Father'scabinnear Port Townsand. There's plenty of 4 wheeling nearby.

As for an Evans Creeek Meet. . . Late June is as early as we can meet there. As many of you remember from last year, even in June, many of the trails were impassable cuz of deep snow.

I'm big time glad you guys wanna come down from the Great White North for some off roading. I like your reasons too. :D

Any date you wanna set is fine by me. EC will probably be pretty packed with rigs on the 4th, but whatever, I'll show up.

Zap

Guest Adam N.D.J.

You guys have to roll right through my town in order to get to the rubicon. So maybe you all could stop for a bit to streatch your legs and hang out for a while. Catch ya Laters.

Guest hodakarider

Yeah, nice to visit others, and there's so few of us up here! I'm looking forward to next month's GTG in La Pine, should be fun! I might only be able to make one such trip this year, but we'll see.

Guest Adam N.D.J.

Ya know, on the thinking of a gettogether befor hand. Me a bunch of buddies from down here are going to be hitting the dunes on the coast (Coos Bay area), on Memorial Day weekend. This is my projected finishing date for the Brat, and will also be my shakedown.

Anyone that wants to come is more that welcome. We have a pretty good size site that we all camp at. Especially you Portland people, it's just about the same distance for guys as it is for me. Catch ya Laters.

Guest mudrat79

Hey everyone.....

How about doing a camp out at Tillamook ORV park here in Oregon.....? EZap can vouch for its agressiveness...:)

We could camp out and give the RooBicon rigs a god shake down.....Its a bit more central to everyone accept the extreme northern guys......? Tillamook is out of Portland in the Coast range.

Just throwing in my 2 cents worth......

Later, John and Crew in Eugene......

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Flowmastered87GL

EZAP "As for an Evans Creeek Meet. . . Late June is as early as we can meet there. As many of you remember from last year, even in June, many of the trails were impassable cuz of deep snow."

Ya if anyone saw the pics that Edrach took of me and the GL on the trails, the snow got too deep and I chicked out on proceeding on the trail... next time im bringing my snow/rally tires :evil:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hondasucks

YEah, so if snow is an issue, why don't we push the HP meet up into July or something, I'll have my 5 speed and lift by then, no biringing the 2WD streetmobile this year!

My "pink martini" can hardly wait for the gathering..

(Note that we will be limiting the amount of alcohol Randy gets so we dont' have a repeat of last years shaving cream incident! :lol: )

Guest Flowmastered87GL

wow... how appropriate that I was about to say that I may bring a keg for those willing to toss in 2-3 bucks and ummmm "tell me they are 21+" A piece of paper saying "I am 21" is fine for me, just make sure its late enough so the ranger doesnt come by :lol: He he randy is screwed :rollin:

July is the tentative month for WCSS. I don't really want to get into another feud so I would have to say that probably won't work.

*edit* But given the choice to sit on the pavement or run in the woods I would choose the woods.

Qman

Guest E Zap

I'd much rather go up to Evans Creek for a weekend of wheeling instead of parking my BRAT in a paved parking lot for a weekend. Feud Schmeud, I'm not worried about one. It wasn't like even one of the new gen or I-club (save for Sean) people showed up at our get-together, we didn't rob them of anybody. . .

There's always the Taste of Subaru to attend.

July is a good idea. People can make up their minds as to which meet they wanna attend.

If the weekend of the 4th sounds do-able for you guys Regan, then fine by me!

I always go to my Father's cabin for the 4th, but will even abandon that tradition this year. :D

Guest supersube4

k, guys, where and when do you meet? i'm in kirkland. have a 1985 GL Wagon 4x4. Its not terribly modified but i still think its awesome.

let me know.

Guest Hondasucks

Just my two bucks, I think that around the 4th is kind of a bad idea, since a lot of people go camping around then, we might have trouble gettin all of us into the campground. Maybe a weekend or two after would be better. Plus, maybe then it won't rain on us the whole time, but the ground will still be muddy.

Guest Flowmastered87GL

ehhhh fitting into the campground depends on how many wagons show up... my wagon IS MY TENT! So steel tents help lower the number of sites that are needed to sleep as we all really need one fire