Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ea82 glass sunroof... can it be removed & replaced?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 quattroPilot

quattroPilot

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Langley, B.C. (Canada)

Posted 12 June 2004 - 04:46 PM

perhaps with a regular solid panel sunroof? If it's possible what's the difficulty level like. I'm just not a big fan of glass is all... burns my poor melon :(

If the swap canno't be completed, does the glass roof at least have a fabric cover that one can slide underneath? tia

-Rob

#2 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,941 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 12 June 2004 - 05:55 PM

hi there. yes, the glass is removeable. there are two black plastic panels with the obnoxious plastic screws. the sunroof can be unbolted after those trims are removed. there is supposed to be a sliding cover that goes under the glass inside the car. I'd suggest that you have your sunroof tinted limo black. that will be cheaper than having something else made to replace it, since your slider panel is, by the sound of it, missing. you shouldn't need to take the glass out to have it tinted, and it shouldn't cost more than $10-$20.

#3 quattroPilot

quattroPilot

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Langley, B.C. (Canada)

Posted 12 June 2004 - 06:31 PM

alright, good suggestion on the tint...

more-over what I'm after is if Subaru has a solid aluminum sunroof that substitutes perfectly for the glass. Perhpas out of a Loyal or GL.....?

check yah later

#4 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,941 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 12 June 2004 - 06:42 PM

not that i know of. anything like that would probably be a different size.

#5 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,087 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 12 June 2004 - 08:40 PM

Easiest way is to tint it, second easiest is to grab a complete sunroof assy off another car that still has the shade in it, just swap the whole deal, its only held in with 6 bolts after you get the headliner out

#6 quattroPilot

quattroPilot

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Langley, B.C. (Canada)

Posted 12 June 2004 - 09:04 PM

k guys, thanks a lot. Looks like i'll be hittin' some tint :headbang:

#7 nkx

nkx

Rallycross Junkie

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • Carlisle, PA

Posted 15 June 2004 - 04:07 AM

is there a certain spot thats well known to leak? i took the buggy through the carwash, and i got hosed. :mad:

#8 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:19 AM

They are designed to leak.. thats why there are four drain tubes.. one at each conrner.. if one (or more ) of those is plugged, you get wet.

#9 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,295 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:30 AM

either the glass itself will swap, or the whole unit as an assembly will swap also.

there are shims that adjust how the window fits in its seal. the only case of a leeky 'roof is when it wouldnt close all the way. but that is why there are shims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users