Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale parts for Leone parts, rockauto dot com etc

Hey everybody,

I've tried searching but I just can't find what I'm looking for.

I'm having troubles with my speedo, generally it doesn't move unless i tap (ever so gently) on the dash screen. Sometimes it works itself, but most of the time it needs a little tap when taking off. Every time I stop, I need to re-tap when taking off.

I recall coming across someone saying you have to pull the dash apart and resolder something, but I simply cannot find the diagram/picture. I've already pulled the dash off and re-attached the speedo plug which didn't make a difference. (and in addition to this, there is like hardly any play with the cable, it is very short?? If you know what I mean? It's hard to re-attach).

If someone could  point me to the picture/thread which shows which solder points to look at, that'd be great :)

Not sure which car you have. Technically, this question should be a new thread. All of the old gen spedometers o know of are 100% mechanical devices. Nothing electronic to solder. It sounds like yours is mechanically sticky.

Yes, the cable is just barely long enough to get to the back.