Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1991 Loyale Wagon aka The Blue Pearl!

Hey yall!

I just wanted to take some time to do a proper introduction and say hi!  I'm new to this forum in particular, but I am also a  member on NASIOC, so I'm not new to Subaru in general.  

Lets get down to it!  

My girlfriend just picked up a new car.  It was after a long search we finally found what she wanted.  She was after a wagon or small SUV of some sort and it had to have 4wd of course.  I stated above that I'm not new to Subaru's as I have a bugeye wagon that is my daily, so as you could guess I'm already a little biased you could say :P After a few different test drives and meetings we found a 91 Loyale wagon on craigslist this past fall that looked very clean in the pictures that were provided so we wanted to check it out more.  I ended up setting up a meeting to test drive the car and check it out.  The car was also being sold private party by owner and he was very kind and willing to let me check the vehicle out from top to bottom extensively.  It ended up having minor flaws based on the age and relatively low miles based on the fact that it is a 25 year old car!  So I test drove it... It sucked.   The clutch was basically gone and it had a wicked power steering squeak that couldn't help but turn heads with every turn of the steering wheel.  Nothing that couldn't be fixed so I drove the car to have a pre purchase inspection done by a reputable Subaru mechanic.  They came back with good news and said everything looks to be mechanically sound other than the problems the owner already had mentioned to me being the clutch and the power steering.  We ended up buying it and driving it home that day.  I took the time to replace and fix all the issues with a friend and she couldn't be happier with her new vehicle. The interior is the best part is super clean! We replaced the clutch, flywheel, power steering pump and belts and a complete tune up.  The car drives fantastic and everything works great.  

It's white with blue interior which is where the name came from and why my girlfriend and all of us have since been calling it the blue pearl!

Here is a couple quick pics.  

347i9ew.jpg

2youat1.png

Can't wait to keep you guys updated along our adventure! 

Cheers!