Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 Throwout Bearing

Hello all.   I've been off the forum for quite some time.  I had emergency open heart surgery.  I'm on the road to recovery ... and will have some help pulling and re-sealing my '85 EA82 4wd.

My question is:  What bearing do I need to replace the throwout bearing?   I will just punch out the old bearing from the carrier ... but cannot find my notes on what bearing I need for replacement.

I do know I need the 6201 for my pilot bearing.    Anyone know the throwout bearing # ???

Thanks for the help.  I appreciate it.

Yes, I'm on the mend.   Dr says no lifting more than 10 lbs for 3 months.   I have some time off work for the surgery, FMLA.   I sooo want to reseal my '85 wagon.   

On the throwout bearing, I know you can just punch out the old bearing, and replace with new bearing in the carrier.   I just need the bearing # ... like a 6207 or something.      I ordered a few 6201 ... which is the pilot bearing.     Also, the 6207 is the wheel bearing.    I just need the # for the throwout bearing.     I can get the #'s off it when I pull it, but would like to have one ready to go.

Thanks for the good wishes.     Merry Christmas, all you Soobie enthusists.