Ultimate Subaru Message Board

95 IMP wagon 2.5T swap HELP

Hi,

Welcome to the USMB.

As noted above we need more info, but I'd HIGHLY recommend you spend some more time Searching, Reading, and Googling. RS25.com and NASIOC.com (they take no prisoners, so put on your big boy pants) probably have 2-2000 swaps detailing what you're doing.

READ THE STICKIES @ the top of each forum - they are your new bible. :-)

And remember, it'll likely cost twice as much and take four times as long to do the swap as you planned.

GL,

Td

Edited by wtdash
  • Like 1

I've got this 09 legacy gt with a blown up turbo I want to rebuild the turbo clean up everything that needs to be and swap the motor trans and whatever else I can onto my 95 impreza wagon and I really just am looking for tips and pointers from anyon that has done this before I know I can do it it's just a little overwhelming you know ?

It's a big leap between those years. 14 year difference so yes, you are looking at a minimum of swapping over the engine, exhaust manifold, engine wiring, ecu and maybe gauges.

Not sure even if the bolt patterns ever changed in that span so make sure the 09 engine can bolt up to the 95 transmission and the correct flex plate or flywheel is in place to put the two together. The 1.8 or 2.2 flex plate is smaller diameter than 2.5s.

As always, swaps like this will eat up far more time and money than ever anticipated. Make sure you don't depend on either vehicle for transportation and that you have the time, understanding and money to see it through.

2009 Lego turbo might be can bus. If it is, your swap is impossible. You would need a non can bus wiring harness, ecu and intake. On top of that. Blown turbos often end up with blown engines due to metal in oil from turbo.

Spend $800 on an ej20g. Work through the minor differences and sell your Lego stuff.. Or buy a wrx.