Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ea82 lifting questions

This is my 1st time lifting a subaru. I did a homemade rear 2" now im trying to do the front. Ive tried to look up videos to see how to actually install the strut tower spacers. I cant get enough room to get them on there. I made 2x2 square tube with the 15* cut any help please

I dont know what the napkin is??? I cut them 2" wide, but im going cut them down more, i noticed that it wasnt enough room with them that thick. But i still dont know how to actually get the strut back on with the 2" tall blocks and the new bolts sticking up. Ive taken off most of what holds the hub to try to make enough room.

Also, you have to take the whole strut/spring assembly out of the car, bolt the lift block to it, then bolt it up to the car, and then attach the knuckle to the strut. If you're trying to sneak the lift block on top of the strut with it all still attached, it's not going to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Any luck with this I'll be in mariposa next week if you need help I dont even unbolt the wheel I jack up the car use my foot on the bottom of the tire to push it down then slip my blocks in then bolt them down about 30 min job to cut and install the blocks I've done a few the napkin has all the lift info and block specs for the easy diy 2" lift the pic is floating around on this site some were still im sure I think a 2" wide block is way to wide to fit it the space your workin with maybe 1" and don't forget the angle on the blocks and the offset on the straight cut blocks

How did you know im in mariposa???? I dont know how to post pics.

I had to re-cut my blocks because they were too wide. I think i have seen the napkin hand written on this forum as well. And someone else had a diy that made more sense to me so i followed it. I got the driver side put on and back together aside from the front sway bar (i believe that is what it is) but if your going to be around id be more then grateful for any help :)

I managed to wedge mine in.  that's the big issue with that style of lift, the rear inside block hits the tower. 

one thing that helped me was to put the inside rear block in crooked first and get the bolt on but not tight, then rotate it into place with a bar and do the others next.  you may have to grind the corners of the block to get it to twist.  either way before you tighten them down make sure that block is lined up in place. 

I heated and bent a cheap wrench so I can tighten the lower bolts while its installed.

also I just swapped the ball joint while I did this, cheap and makes it easier to do the install, but a floor jack under the hub assembly and guide it up into place.

With out the sway bar on the street my front tire would come off the ground and slow me down on hard high speed turns I personaly have never noticed any difference off road with or with out it its personal preference I'm just saying you don't need to remove it to do the lift unless you want to