Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EAST COAST MEET-INFO FOR NJ Pine Barrens 4/13/2003

Guest Dennis

yo guys

i wanted to bring up the idea of having another east coast meet before november this year...maybe in late spring or something. i know this is the time year where everyone runs around like thier head is cut off (me included) but maybe if we have some interested people and shoot for may or june some time...the weather will be nice and the Pine Barrens will be green...plus all those april showers should leave the dirt nice and damp come may...i hung with EJ for the first time since november yesterday and thought "we really need to get everyone together again"

**EDIT 4/10/2003**

here is where ill keep the list for all of those who have confirmed thier attendance the PB meet 4/13/2003...ill keep it updated as people line up

-Dennis

-EJ

-Mooseman

-SVXpert

-Subeman

-Wagon Wagon

-Hocrest

Guest moosens

that dude with the red hatch at the last meet who came with paul (sorry man i forget your board name>>>that'd be wagon78..aka Scott

I'm down for a spring fling.What about the Carlisle gig in May??I could make that a family camping thing and meet some of our friends that live kind of out that way.Good excuse for the wife.:D

PB in the spring sounds great.

Guest brattysvx

What about Imports of Calisle in May? Good central location, camping and hotels in the area plus the best part I get to see Subies at the thing rather than 50 Saabs taking up space.:D

Guest moosens

I'll bring at least one vintage Subaru to Carlisle.If Wagon78 comes that might be 2.If I can convince someone else to drive another one of mine...well you can do the math.

Guest Wagon Wagon

You can count me in!! I just picked up another wagon this weekend, and it's screaming to get dirty! The last meet was a blast, I wouldn't miss another one for the world.

Skip- if you say no this time, we're going to tie you to the roof of the wagon and haul you up there! :rollin:

Guest moosens

Carlise AND PB.....I figure a good mud run in the spring...say April? for PB and then polish 'em up for Carlise....I think it's May 17th,but somebody verify that please.

One meet to GO and one meet to SHOW

Guest PHATBRAT

Yeah (that was my idea a while back) anyway, I believe it is the weekend of 17,18,19th (May). It would be cool to get a caravan going. Carlisle is in Pennsylvania (I guess it would be considered south central PA) Boz

Guest brattysvx

Carlisle is about 20 minutes from Harrisburg, PA. Its right where Interstate 81 and the PA turnpike intersect so it has great acessablity. You can make a weekend of it and go to Gettysburg and Hershey park which are both within an hours drive.

Guest moosens

Hershey Park is great for kids.We'll probably camp unless it's wicked cold for some reason.Gifford Pinchot State Park,highly recommended.Inexpensive,nice sites,water fun,trails,and not far from either Carlisle or a lot of things like Hershey.G'burg,etc.

If anyone else camps go to the website.Maybe we can get sites next to each other. www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stat...s/giff.htm

Boneyards worth stopping into:Harry's in Hazelton,Faust in Allentown(oldies for sure).Let me/us know any others in the region.

Guest Wagon Wagon

If anyone wants to drive a couple more hours to the west for boneyards, theres a couple GREAT ones here. More EA82's than you can shake a stick at, and a few EA81's too. And several XT's.

Guest moosens

Boneyards worth stopping into:Harry's in Hazelton,Faust in Allentown .....uhhh,eeeeyeahhhh Dennis.:D Only bitch is that Harry's get's raped daily hundreds of folks.

one in april and one in may is cool with me...

according to ben, theres an svx meet near philly someplace april 22nd if anyone is going...

still waiting to see posts from some of the other east coast knuckleheads

good to see turbaroo

Guest Meeky Moose

well, since i'm one of those knuckleheads, i might be up for a drive. since this wagon i picked up will be like new by april or may. would be a good gettaway for the family too, haven't been to PA before either hehe :D

thanx for the sticky mods...

quote from the carlisle web page:

May 16-18, 2003: Carlisle Import-Kit/Replicar Nationals

The show field features vintage and newer-model imports, kit and replica vehicles, with a car corral, new kit manufacturers and vintage import swap meet. Clubs may register to reserve areas on the show field for one-, two- or three-day gatherings. Join us for one of the largest vintage import swap meets and new kit/replicar manufacturers display in the nation. Give-away: 1970 Fiat 850 Spyder

lets see how many vintage subarus we can get there...

im thinking we can meet up someplace on saturday the 17th since alot of people will be working on the friday...any feedback is appreciated, let me know what you guys think

Guest moosens

I'll have to iron out my plans with my wife but....I'd like to be in PA Friday night so when I wake up I only have a 30 minute drive to Carlisle.It'll be interesting.Not sure if I want my whole family in an old car during a trip so we'll probably take the '96 and the '77 or '78...or who knows,maybe the '75 if I reggy it by then.

Looking to go low budget so it'll be camping or a reasonably inexpensive hotel/motel.Depends on the weather.

We absolutely NEED to hit Nova Scotia this year to keep our sanity.I'm thinking my wife might even tell me to go on my own...we'll see.Hopefully this economy will pick up and there'll be less worries.I'd prefer to be in NS in late May when fishing season opens but any time in NS is GREAT so we'll work it out.

PB in April shouldn't be a problem at all.

Now,if someone up here buys that '77 of mine they'd be the hit of the show AND there'd be more than one Vintage Subaru at the show for sure.

Guest RallyKeith

I think you can count me in to show up at Carlise. That depends on when my SCCA region puts on their club rally up in Morris PA. Last year it was on the same weekend, but this year it looks like it will be a week before import carlise.

Dennis, would you complain if I showed up with our Impreza Rally car? :cool:

Keith