Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EAST COAST MEET-INFO FOR NJ Pine Barrens 4/13/2003

Guest Dennis

Guest subeman90

sorry about getting into the topic a little late.....I believe I should be able to pull someting off for not haveing to work etc.... i might not 4wd at the PB though....I am still pulling sand out of the front end of the OB...you know that openening on the bumper is just like a shovel :rollin:

I can be for sure into it if we get a date early enough....

Matt

I know I speak for Dennis by saying everyone who has an intrest in Subarus is more than Welcome to hang with us. If you come to the PB and don't want to go offroad'n I am sure we will have plenty of seats for you to ride shotgun. We will need camera operators....

Hey Dennis how bout we shoot for the Pine Barrens the weekend of 12th or 13th of April? It start to warm up about that time but the hummaditites shouldn't be to bad.

The question is do we do make it a camp'n trip?

Moosens will the jeep (aka recovery vehicle) be coming along for this trip?

Can I enter my hatchback @Carlisle?

thanx E

that weekend is cool for me-a city boy like me never camped before, but im up for it

about carlisle...we can enter as a subaru group, dont think it will cost nearly anything, we just need a good idea of who will be there

keep the suggestions coming guys

think we need "hello, my name is (enter board name here)" stickers this time?

Guest Meeky Moose

well my wife is up for a campin trip for the Carlisle meet. might as well figure me in comin, maybe i'll grabs a spot close to Moosens in the campground. I'll prolly take that friday off to get up there early. Will be comin up from Charlottesville, VA

any age restriction on subarus entering? I know my wagon isn't the prettiest but it might be the only 2wd turbo wagon there.;)

was nice to have a security blanket in case we got in over our heads...

that jeep wouldnt do any good if paul collided with a small plane during his launch off of the pond banks though

see if i can drag dad out for this PB run...hell-most of you are older then he is

oops...just kidding

i know this is off topic...but keith, did you (or anybody) do any exhaust mods to that RX you had awhile back?

cant find anybody close in Pa that will run a pipe on my RX

UPDATE

ok...the PB run will be (tenative, if enough people cant make it) sunday april 13th, 2003 in beautiful southern NJ - thats for you svxpert and EJ

we'll meet at 8 am at the Redlion Diner on RT. 70 and hit some trails when everybody arrives, stop for some food, hit the trails, then BS for a while...

if this isnt a good day post now so i know and maybe we can change it...i figured a sunday will most likely be easier for everybody to make it

the guys who have gotten dirty in PB know the deal about what to bring (if anything) and what to watch out for but for any new guys...

-dont bring a subaru you dont want to get scratched, these arent hard trails by any means, but we cant go cruising for miles with out atleast a twig hitting the car, ya dig? matt subeman has been digging sand out of the front of his 02 OB for the past 4 months since we last hooked up...

-these arent demanding trails, if you have a stock 80s sube with 4WD and 13 inch rims, youll do just fine

-might want to bring a tow rope of some kind, i got stuck the last time in the deep sand part and paul yanked me out

-were not far from civilization by any means so you dont have to pack like your making a cross country trip...just watch out for the jersey devil or any human remains that may have have been dumped by tony soprano

-speed limit is about 35mph, weve had these meets in the past where certain, other subaru club members drive like *******s and almost kill themselves or others - most recently a kid driving an impreza collided with a bus full of sight-seers drving thru a PB outdoors area head on...lets not make the same mistake...

i guess thats it...any interested parties?

Guest moosens

I ran with the Imprezas the first time right after 9/11.We went plenty fast but I know what you mean.I'll tone it down :lol:

That day sounds good to me so far.

Dennis,my friend Chris with the GTV6 should be coming to Carlisle,might bring the Alfa.

Oh,I'll be confiscating any drugs 8o and paraphenalia :smokin: at the entrance.:x I'll give them back on your way out.:cool: ;)

Bring beer but only for trade with me for parts or because I'll win the oldest Subaru award.Dennis has the bail money.

Last years gang was great.No fist fights,no stabbings,no girlfriends lost...no beer?Maybe that says something.:rollin: Let's hope for another good crowd.Now,which car do I bring?????:rolleyes:

Bring your camera.;)

We should try to make it earlier???? Maybe meet around 8:00amish?(remember everyone likes to talk and wait for someone who is late) Those of us that can make it before that should meet for breakfast....(make plans for the day)

Everyone should bring a cooler to put there lunch in....and to keep their water and sodas nice and cool.

Even if you have a new subie you can park it at the ranger station and hitch a ride with someone who doesn't worry about their paint job. Sorry I only have a hatch so I can't take everyone.

Depending on the weather make sure you dress for the conditions.....

Dennis are you making a list for the two differant events?

put me down for the PB's and I'll see what I can do about making Carlisle.

Hey Phat are you going to make this PB's run since you are right around the corner??????

Guest RallyKeith

UHT-OHH! Sorry guys but you're going to have to take me off the list. It turns out I've got a wedding that day. Sorry, Family #1 first. If things change I'll let you know.

Keith

big E...

this thread will turn in to the carlilse info thread after the PB meet is done, right now im keeping a list of the confirmed on the first page where the original post was made

notice the time change to 8...and keep in mind that its not 8 sharp, as time goes on ill get my cell # up and you guys can call me and what not on the date

keith...the date may change if enough people drop off, let us know if you can make it...you were a big part of the last one

anybody else...?

I like this meet forum stuff, good idea.....

I just think meeting at an earlier time will give us more trail time. Now where are the early birds going to have breakfast?????

Guest moosens

I'll try,no promises.The Diner at Red Lion,right?That works best for me and all folks coming down from the north.

When is NJ's Opening Day for Trout?I'll check if I have to but I figure some of you guys should know.

yeah on second thought i think we should maybe meet at the redlion now...its super easy to find and itd be cool to sit down and eat beforehand, the guys who havent been there will have an easy time of finding this place

paul, be there or be square

any interest in putting up an iclub post too?

steve i put you in for the meet, you going to swing by carlisle too?

Guest Wagon Wagon

Not sure if I can make it to Carlisle. I'll definitely be at the PB meet though. Red Lion is a great meeting place... can't miss it. After the last meet I met an old... ummm... friend there, and me and her went and... ummm... talked about old times. :cool: It's a great meeting spot... nice big circle, and plenty of parking. And it's only about 5-10 minutes away from Atsion.

Oh, and this time, my car will NOT be bottoming out in the sand. :D

Guest moosens

Well,at least you're old enough to buy breakfast.:lol:

Warm up meet for CT and whoever at my place in Milford in the begining of April.I'll post seperately in due time.