Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Backyard Boys at play - BIG Air

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt, I've seen some of the video's of the air they get down there, and it's sick!!! I'm really surprised they don't break more things than they do when they do that. Heck, I got my Brat only bout a foot and half in the air and collapsed the insert on one of my struts and bent a radius rod!

DUDE!!! That is SO going to be my background on the laptop! :-D That is sweet! Only car I ever caught air in was my 87 hatchback, and those that know Albany know about the tracks on 2nd street, those that don't well, the road goes up and across the tracks and then back down, and the way the left lane is angled (it's a one way) it's really nice for catching air. I hit it at about 60 in my hatchback and I got a good 6-12" off the ground and I flew for like four feet or so. Didn't break anything...

I was sitting directly opposite the launch area .. there was a crowd of around 2-3 thousand all around watching aswell .. not only did he get huge air he got the crowds awsome screams of approval .. let it be known that he had a tow truck waiting in the paddock for this was a wreck it style jump .. and well, i heard from the 2 way radio conversation he was having, "there is a crease in the roof" this car had a roll cage inside, no seats or interior, and a wrx motor in it .. .. and after it I was asked if I needed parts for my L series by the fellow talking to the driver on the 2 way ... I replied "well actually i am after some 14" rims .. he said "hrm, they might be a bit buckled"

Hey Mr. Brett Rogers This is Jerry, when do i get my 4.44 gears oh i get it. I paid you 420.00 U.S. dollars for nothing and it has been over a year ago when you got my money. I am saving up money to see you NOT a happy camper. A very mad Jerry

Thats awsome!, but to me the first one especially just doesnt look real, i just dont see any jump worthy of launching him that high. it looks like he was placed there or just fell out of the sky. if not, that sure looks back breaking.

Hi everyone, my name is Janette, that is my dad that did the jump, he is not over 70 lol is under 60 , ever since his last jump he has been preparing for this years jump, as the car was going to be retired and his new project started.

So he went ahead and put roll bars and harnesses in it.

On his first attempt at it he radio us and said that he had sustained damage, but didnt go thru all this to stop now, so decided to continue and try for second go, and i think he achieved what he set out to do, no major injuries, just very sore back and tongue (he bit it on way down)

On our site we will have pics and video of all angles later this afternoon, and yes we do have cds of all types of footage from previous events if people want them. A new one will be made soon as well.

Thanks for all your interest and your posts, dad will be here tonight and will love how popular his jump was, his last jump was downloaded 36000 times, hope this one will do better.

Please check our site this afternoon www.funonwheels.net

The jump looks great, Jerry... its not hard to contact brett through his own Message board... http://www.ausubaru.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

I suggest contacting him via PM, email or take it to his message board.

Thanks

-Brian

Hi Brian This is Jerry, i have tryed to contact him several times. By his own email and i am even on his Auss. board no answer. Lets just face it he stole 420.00 of my money. The only way i am going to get those gears from him is to go to Austrila and beat it out of his hide. I have NO respect for that guy, would you. This has been going on for over a year now. Thanks Jerry

Some jump, you have to wonder a few things.

1 how did he get the 'flying weight" down so much. Was it lack of driver weight (ie: he was already flying before he took off)

2 If the latter, what was it, I want some..

3 How old was the driver ( It gives us old folks (at 45) some encouragement)

4 How will other manufacturers club members look at this? another 1 for the subi?

Jerry - most Australians arnt like that, if you can pass on some details, to me, i'll see if I can do anything ... no promises, but I can try - Chris