Ultimate Subaru Message Board

carter carb

what im asking is, are they good carbs? does anyone have info or links to share? Im about to put a 1982 EA81 that has been rebuilt 50.000 miles ago out of a friends reck. Im putting it in place of my abused but still running EA82 1986 4x4 gl wagon thats about to take a dump.I wanted to know if i would be better off with the intake and carb from 1986 EA82? icon6.gif

for the wiringn harness connections to your current 86 intake, you'd be better off to put the entire intake/carb from yours onto the ea81 motor, but I think there might be some fitment issues with one of the coolant lines. a member up in Michgan was trying to do something similar, and ended up just using the ea81 intake. but he was running a weber 32/36 carb upgrade so didn't need much of the electrical connections.

I am a wiz at wiring (once took diesal vw engine out of rabbit and put in gas engine from dasher fuel injected.lots of wiring there) this carter weber has been rebuilt with the engine so i might stick with it. The whole thing is free so i cant lose there! I know im loseing power but im looking for gas mileage.icon7.gifPlan on rebuild 0f EA82 when i swap engines.