Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Howdy Y'all...NC newbie

:D Hello again! I will be moving to NC in about two weeks. It's going to be a long and arduous drive which I am not exactly looking forward to, but it's gotta be done.

;) We'll be heading out around October 3rd I think, and we are taking two cars. My wagon and my wifes little old dodge colt. Due to the age of her vehicle, and the fact that I'll be heavily burdened with lots of stuff, we'll be going probably no more than 65 the whole way there. I can only hope I don't encounter and surprise mechanical failures. I expect it should take about 6 days, maybe a little less.

• 1 month later...

Hurray! We've moved and my comp is all set up. Formerly a Montana subie driver (started here), we are now living in Chapel Hill, NC. Is anyone else on the forum from that area? Would be good to meet someone, as we have only been here 2.5 weeks and don't know anyone yet!

In any case, we love the town and are happy about the move. Much nicer that Billings, MT, that's for sure :D.

mentis - i'm in wake forest, nc (about 40 min. from you). glad to see you made it here safely. i think i was supposed to send an apartment guide to you way back but i lost your address after deleting your pm. sorry about that (i'm a little disorganized sometimes). i checked your website out - great art!

• 1 month later...

Well, I suppose Salisbury isn't all too far from Chapel Hill, but it's not all that close either. However, I will certainly keep that name and number in my book for future reference.

If there are other shops that are decent and closer, even if they do not specialize in subies, I'd certainly welcome the information. Thanks!

I'll keep that in mind too. But right now, I'm still trying to find info on the mechanics in Chapel Hill. Just because, if something's going wrong, I don't want to have to drive more than a few miles, in case things go completely wrong :P. Thanks though!

I don't get to check in here nearly often enough, too much work, kids, ect...

Mentis, welcome to the great state of NC, glad that you made it to Chapel Hill without incident, wish I could help you out with a mech. there. I'll try to do some digging and see if I can help you out. Of course, there are a few good ones here in the mountains, but more than a few miles away.

I will be hosting another WNC soob meet May 7th and perhaps 8th, in Pisgah National Forest, I will post more as the time gets closer.

Cheers,

• 2 months later...