Ultimate Subaru Message Board

so confused

Hi everyone,

I am really confused regarding what engines are in my two 88 1.8 wagons.

I went to steal a oil pressure sending unit from one for the other and they appear to be different. SU bodies are different and the thread size is quite larger on the one.

As well, I read a couple of times that the diag. plugs should be under the dash but found my green plugs on the other side of the firewall.

Does this give any indication as to them being different engines?

I started this project trying to get the check engine light to go out. Then I looked at the non working oil light. The guage is working correctly but there is no action on the light.

I have 12 v on the one side of the light but no ground on the other. (must depend on the continuity of the SU? ) Checked the SU and no cont. to GRD when the engine is off.

I think I'll take the computer into the garage so I can keep an eye on this posting.

HELP

Thanks for any help you have to offer.

What are the details of the 2 cars again? complete - carbie / fuel/ years and descriptions.

I only have XT's - but if you can find the ECU, green and black plugs should be right near it. see yesterdays postings I also sent you a private message re codes - check your in box